But did you know that they can also improve your health? From the dog that gets you out exercising to the cat that reduces your stress levels, pets give you perks that aren’t immediately apparent.
- Dog owners walk almost twice as much per week as those without dogs.
- Owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke by more than a third.
- Patients with pets are more than twice as likely to recover after a serious heart attack as those who don’t have pets.
- Coronary patients increase their chances of surviving past the first year by more than 6 times when they own a pet.
- And the average pet owner lives three years longer than those without companion animals.
Sure, it costs money to properly care for your pet. But look at it as an investment in your future. Furry friends are worth every penny when they increase our enjoyment and quality of life.
Thanks to MastersInHealthcare.com for this infographic, which shows us the perks of owning a pet:
To find supplies to keep your own pet happy and healthy, without spending too much, visit JeffersPet.com. Jeffers cares about your pet, and we carry a wide selection of quality products for your pets, including dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits and more.
Last Updated on May 24, 2021 by Rachel Champion